Updating components with additional attributes in existing models

I’ve experienced this issue consistently with 2020 and it still appears to be happening in 2021. When I make either a dynamic component or normal component and use the component multiple times in a model, if I were to then edit one of the features of the component, say the Description of the component it does not apply to all instances throughout the model but neither does it make a unique version of the component. I’ve tried saving the component separately and reloading to no avail and replacing with something completely different and then reloading again to no avail. It seems Sketchup is only checking for changes in the physical geometry of the component rather than any of the additional information built into the components. The information included can be simply the description of the component or anything more complex such as custom set values included within a dynamic component (not anything changeable that would make each one unique). Each component copied is identical, they’ve not been physically changed in any way. Please help! It’s making updating my components in existing models impossible. Thanks…

individually, right click dynamic components, redraw
or use a script…

Redraw all dynamic components? - SketchUp / Dynamic Components - SketchUp Community