Updated to new version, settings

Q: Is there a way to “bring along” my settings from the old version to the updated version? Templates, windows, extensions etc. Sketchup PRO 2022

If you install SU2022 correctly (right click on installer and choose Run as administrator) keyboard shortcuts will be picked up from the previous version. You can copy templates, component, styles, and custom materials collections.

Best practice is to install extensions fresh from their sources to make sure you have the latest versions. Also some extensions require an installation process because they put files in locations other than the user Plugins folder. If you enjoy chasing loading errors for extensions you could copy them from the older installation but you’re on your own for fixing them.

If you have extensions from Sketchucation and used the Sketchucation Extension Store tool to install them, you will have a “bundle” that you can install in SU2022. Go to Sketchucation and get the SCF Extension Store and install that first. After you sign in you can click on the gear icon at the top and then Bundles.
scf

OK thanks:) But if I already have installed the new version, do I have to uninstall it and then install it again and run it as admin then? What do I do with the SU2021- version? Uninstall? Best english ever, sorry:)

No. You can just rerun the installer using that method and choose Repair when the option is presented.

You can just leave it installed for now. Some users take their time moving into a new version and continue working in the older one until they are finished. Unless you’re tight for storage space, you can just leave it. I think I have the last five or six versions of SketchUp installed on this computer–too lazy to uninstall them.

Nothing wrong with your English as far as I can see. No need to apologize. :wink:

1 Like