Unable to use Sketchup for Schools

I’ve registered on the Sketchup site for Sketchup for Schools. I get the following message when trying to access:

Are you in the right place?
SketchUp for Schools is only available for students and teachers in primary and secondary education programs. Learn more.

Can anyone help?

You did not identify whether you are actually involved in education as a teacher or as a student. You must be one or the other in order to register to use SketchUp for Schools.

If not associated with a school, you should use the web based “my.sketchup” which is essentially the same as SketchUp for Schools.

You should completely fill out your profile information too, because this helps other users to better assist you. It is very useful to include the name of your graphics card…Intel is not the name of the card.

I am a staff member at a K-12 school. I have gone through the registration process on the Sketchup website.

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB

What I need assistance with is gaining access to the SketchUp product for our domain.

Hi @mschmitz. Can you provide answers to the questions below so that we might be able to further assist you? Also, any screenshots you can provide will be extremely helpful. Feel free to post them here or send them to me in a private message if you like.

• Are you the School’s IT administrator, capable of deploying apps from the G Suite Marketplace?
  • Are you attempting to access SketchUp for Schools with a Google account provided by your Primary or Secondary School via G Suite for Education?
  • Does your School have Google Classrooms enabled?
  • Has your School successfully deployed and accessed other applications from the G Suite Marketplace?
  • What is your School’s email domain?
  • Where is your School located?
  • What browser are you accessing SketchUp for Schools from?
  • What OS are you using?

Having the same issues as other schools. I’m getting the ‘Are you in the right place?’ message.

Are you the School’s IT administrator, capable of deploying apps from the G Suite Marketplace?
Yes
Are you attempting to access SketchUp for Schools with a Google account provided by your Primary or Secondary School via G Suite for Education?
Yes
Does your School have Google Classrooms enabled?
Yes
Has your School successfully deployed and accessed other applications from the G Suite Marketplace?
Yes
What is your School’s email domain?
@sbcoragulac.catholic.edu.au
Where is your School located?
Victoria, Australia
What browser are you accessing SketchUp for Schools from?
Chrome 62.0.3202.45
What OS are you using?
macOS Sierra 10.12.6

I’m having the exact same problem.

Are you the School’s IT administrator, capable of deploying apps from the G Suite Marketplace? Yes
Are you attempting to access SketchUp for Schools with a Google account provided by your Primary or Secondary School via G Suite for Education?
Yes
Yes
Has your School successfully deployed and accessed other applications from the G Suite Marketplace?
Yes
@brosannan.org
Wales, UK
Chrome
What OS are you using?
Mac

Are you the School’s IT administrator, capable of deploying apps from the G Suite Marketplace?
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
@tctrojans.org
Neola, IA
Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)What OS are you using?
macOS Sierra 10.13, Chrome OS (various builds)

I think that I have figured out the issue. I signed up as an Education customer on the Sketchup site - I thought that is all I had to do.

I had not installed the app for my domain in the Google Admin Console. I just did that and now have access. This might help others that are having the same issue.

• Sign into the Admin Console
  • Select Apps - Marketplace Apps
  • Find and install Sketchup for your domain

I might have missed a step, but it would be nice if Sketchup made it clear that this had to be done in order to use the product.

Glad you got it working. I just had a look at the SketchUp for Schools site and the Get Started info. It looks like it leads you through the setup pretty thoroughly.

1 Like

Thanks. Like I said, I might have missed a step in there. Regardless, we are up and running.

Just went back and looked - I assumed that filling out the “Stay up-to-date on SketchUp for Schools:” fields was what was needed to get access. I did not notice the blue hyperlink on the blue background. Poor reading on my part, but a more visible call to action might be useful.

@mschmitz We are glad to hear you are now up and running.

Thanks for the feedback, it is helpful to know where you got hung up navigating through the webpage. We will pass this information on to our design team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.