Unable to select a group, then the group disapears, (seems to get deleted)

It would also be considered a bug if you let the hide status of nested groups and components be controlled by a scene.

Consider a group or component being a ‘little SketchUp file’ within the Model, you can only edit one model at the time, hence the context-dependency.

The point is, you are actually editing the definition of the group/component by changing the hide status of entities.

This editing must be applied troughout the whole model, regardless of scenes, otherwise there is no point of editing, at all! (So you must organise your model in a way that you can display different options by having multiple layers, which can be controlled by scenes when the layer visibilty is checked)

1 Like

Thanks for your reply, I will use layers more for controlling visibility. Like I always do in AutoCAD,
I just found the “hide/unhide” was quick and easy.

What I find strange is I never encountered this using 2018 and I used it almost every day until ver 2019. Some of the projects were far more comprehensive than this one. I haven’t checked if I can replicate this in 2018, maybe if I get a chance I’ll do a test.

Cheers
Malcolm