Unable to edit component I have designed

I’m having trouble with a component that I created of a BBQ shelter. This was working fine, materials applied etc but at some point the materials have been removed from the wooden posts that support the roof. In fact the faces have gone completely, leaving just outlines. I’m wondering what might have caused this (so I can avoid in future) and how I can rectify it. In order to edit it, i had to explode it (I couldn’t figure out how to fix it without doing that), but some of the lines refuse to delete and the push/pull tool doesn’t work. I’m sure it’s something simple I’m doing wrong, but I just can’t see it.
Copy of model attached
Lang - Circular - NEW.skp (12.9 MB)

Hit K

Right click > Edit Group/Component

Turn on tag ‘Layout Plan’. Do not tag raw geometry (edges, faces).

Basics of SketchUp: https://learn.sketchup.com/

1 Like

Click the Tab for Working Scene.
You have assigned incorrect tags.
Triple click the geometry and untag it.
Wrong tags

1 Like

Ok, that seems to have worked, though I say Box’ post below and untagged first. Not sure which was the solution. I think my tagging is all over the place. What does pressing K do? Did nothing for me

Brilliant, thank you. I have amended the tags and can edit properly now. I think my tags have gone all wrong.

Any ideas why these elements would have mysteriously disappeared?

If you press K, all the edges on your model will be hidden.

sip-03

If you turn on tag ‘Layout Plan’ you will see the raw geometry (faces) and you will be able to untagged it.

Right click on a group and you will be able to edit it without exploding it. If you explode an group that has a tag, the raw geometry that makes it up will take that tag.
Assign tags only to groups and components.

sip-05

1 Like

I had to watch that many many times, but I could finally see what it was you were doing. I will follow these steps to sort out all my tagging and in the meantime go and find out more about it ! (and stop exploding things :smile:)