Hello I have latley two bug that happens to me when I work with SketchUp. maybe you guys can help me if this are issues or a new design? Some help would be nice maybe a walk around for this problems.
First bug I had
The first component that is created in a project does not behave like a component but is saved in library as a component but still behaves like a normal SketchUp object and not like a component. After the object is turned into a component it behaves still like a normal object in SketchUp, so you must paint each face separately and there is no blue boundary box around the object to show the user that this is a component. The object itself is saved as a component and when drag and drop the comp out of the library it behaves like a normal comp
- Start SketchUp 2) Now create a simple object in SketchUp
- Now make out of this object a component
- click on the object that is now a component
Bug number 2
A saved component will get a live updated from the edited component in the scene even a saved component should not be affected by changes in the scene. It worked for me normal before a saved component in the library was never effected by a change in scene, but now it makes no scene to save a component when it will be updated with the change I do in scene.
- Start SketchUp
- Now create a object in SketchUp
- Turn the object into a component
- Now observe if the new component is saved in component library
- Drag and drop the saved component to the scene the old one can be deleted
- Observe the icon from saved component
- Now start editing the component in the scene
- Observe the icon of the saved component
I hope you could give me some answers or help. Does anyone else have this problems?
Greeting and thank you