Turning an Entity into a .stl file

Hi All,
So I have produced a model in the hope to have it 3D printed, which in my case requires the document to be saved as a .stl one. However, I was unable to on my computer (perhaps because I don’t have a 3D printing software installed) but regardless the file will be transported and printed using a different device. I searched the web for some answers and apparently I cannot 3D print an entity unless it is given a Volume. My entity did not have a volume, so again I searched how to fix this issue. I downloaded the addon/extension known as “Solid Inspector² by ThomThom” in an attempt to fix the issues. I have either a small amount or close to 6000, and I was wondering if I fix all of these errors will I be able to save my file as a .stl or do I need to already have something installed so that I can save said file as a .stl ?

Many Thanks,
Zak

P.S. This is also my first time using SketchUp

After you fix all of the problems and SketchUp indicates you have a solid component or group, you can export an STL. Your profile indicates you are using SketchUp 2016 Make. If I remember correctly (that was 21 software years ago) you’ll need to install the STL exporter from the Extension Warehouse before you can export the STL file.

Cheers for that,
currently 3D printing my model without any issues as I fixed all of the errors. Again, many thanks for this :slight_smile:

Zak

1 Like