Turn off Edges and Profiles in Sketchup Free

I don’t see a way to turn off Edges and Profiles in the free online version of Sketchup. How do you do it? I know how to do it in other versions. And if it isn’t possible I’d like to know that too so I can abandon the new Sketchup.

Currently there aren’t any options to edit styles in SketchUp Free although that could change at any time. You can open the file on your desktop version of SketchUp and edit the style to turn off edges and profile and then upload it back to SU Free. It’s pretty difficult to do any modeling with no edges displayed, though. Out of curiosity, why do you want to not show the edges?

Okay, thanks for the answer. The reason getting rid of edges has importance is that often I design things in Sketchup so I can produce realistic 2D images of the designed object. Realism requires no edges and profiles. So that would be a simple feature to include in the future for the free online version. Of course though, I also don’t see a way to save a 2D image of a design in the online version of Sketchup. So anyway, I guess for now, I’ll just continue to turn to the downloaded version and see if the online version becomes more equal to the downloaded version in the future. Thanks

Hmmm…
Screenshot%20-%203_21_2018%20%2C%206_17_46%20AM

It’s changing all the time and this feature will probably get added at some point.

Okay thanks, but I don’t see a way to choose how high resolution the image is by choosing pixel size like in the download version. Low res usually doesn’t cut it. Anyway, I look forward to seeing what features are added.

For hobbyist use it’s fine and as I said, they are adding features all the time.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.