Trying to make a window but no hole comes when I push

I am trying to create a window but when I do the push pool tool it pushes a big rectangle box into the space without creating a ho

le. Is there something else that I can do to create this hole?

Have a look at this, might help you.

1 Like

There are several things to be careful with. First, make sure that the two sides of the wall are actually parallel. Next, make sure your starting rectangle is drawn on the face of the outer wall, not even a tiny amount askew. Finally, as you do the push pull, make sure to stop at the back surface of the wall. That is easiest to do by moving the cursor up to the top edge and finding the inference snap to the back surface there. In your image it may be that the first two are correct, but you are clearly not getting the far side inference right.

1 Like

When you use the push/pull tool, is there a little plus sign on the cursor? If so, you’ve toggled the ctrl key to create a new face when you push or pull.

To help achieve your goals, some time spent at the SketchUp Campus and at the SketchUp - YouTube channel will be very worthwhile. Both sites are from the SketchUp team. On the YouTube channel, pay attention to the Square One Series. It covers the basics for each tool.

My guess is the guides have actually caused your issue, if they aren’t absolutely perfect you can snap to the wrong point.
You can even see it in your screenshot, the thick profile lines show that the rectangle you are trying to push is not on the surface.

It could also be you haven’t opened the group for editing.
We need to see your model to be specific.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.