Trying to create a 1/4" rounder edge inside of a wood panel. Check image below

Hey everyone,

Im building a road box for a theater and they want to round over the whole box. Im creating a simple rendered model for presentation and was curious was the best way to round over the inside of the panels. I have shown only the top panel of the workbox.

I’ve used the follow me tool for the outside edges but I was curious of an efficient manner to create the same effect on the inside of the show frame.

Thanks for taking to time to read and/or solve this.

Love this forum.

Something like this?

YES, Exactly!

And for the other part:

I never thought o extrude the line segment only. Absolutely genius. I’ll have to note this for future drafting. I absolutely need that mirror tool. Thank you very much for this. You grouped the one side before you mirrored it correct?

Yes… for the groups.
For extrude a line I used plugin “Abedeo Push line”, and for the mirror the plugin “Curic Mirror”.

1 Like

Alright. As you can tell, I am a beginner at sketchup. Thank you for the lesson. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Have you seen this extension? it’s an update to a classic called RoundCorner what allows you to select and edge, or edges and then set a radius. Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse
Fredo’s plugins require a companion plugin here: Extension | SketchUp Extension Warehouse

1 Like

No I haven’t. This is great. Thank you sir.

If you want to use the RoundCorner plugin, then this would be one of the ways to draw your desired model.

2 Likes

Is that the way this “road box” will be constructed? Or is this just for a presentation?