Topography problems

Hi Geo,

ive deleted all the other layers and moved the info over to layer 0 bu i still get the same results…?

Have you double-checked that the Texture of the material of the flat face is ‘Projected’ ?
Are you using the eyedropper tool from the Materials dialog to choose the face with that Projected Texture, whilst you remain inside the group’s edit ?
Did you then paint it onto the surface ?

I see you are on a MAC, perhaps @DaveR can advise better, as he is a frequent MAC user…
Perhaps the eyedropper works slightly differently from a PC ??

Hi Tig, yes i did all of those things… totally lost as to why its not working out, clearly everyone else has cracked it easily…!

Thank loads for your input though.

T

just open the the menu to see the checkmark, clicking on ‘projected’ causes it to toggle off!

Auch!! the modifier key is cmd on MAC

Hi Mike, yes double and triple checked the “projected” is definitely on…

???

The layering might cause other problems ‘on the road’ but should not interfere with the workings of the paint bucket tool:

Hi Mike,

THANKS…!

I toggled the “projected” off then on again and when straight into eye-dropped and paste and it worked this time…

Even fixed my road…!!

thanks, EVERYONE for the amazing community support…!:pray::clap::handshake::+1:

1 Like

A Mac-specific note: to sample a texture on Mac, activate the paint bucket tool and then hold the Command key down before you click on the texture. Do not select the eyedropper from the Materials editor (aka “Colors”) - it is the macOS pixel color sampler. Another unfortunate and arbitrary difference between the Mac and Windows materials editors!

As said, Layers are the root of the problem.
Assigning all back to Layer 0 is only the beginning of fixing the terrain so it will work as expected.

Your ability to work with a SketchUp model in large part depends upon how it’s rendered onscreen.
That is, the Active Style.
The Styles Browser is where you control Style settings.
The Styles Toolbar is handy for quick, temporary Style changes.
Styles%20Toolbar

That was because some Edges were errantly assigned to another layer and the layer was turned off.

Yes, but I noticed only a portion of the entire terrain Surface was selected, not the entire Surface.
That odd behavior goes back to the layer issue.

After deleting all the extra Layers and unnecessary materials I set the view to Wireframe.
Then I turned on Hidden Geometry and selected all the Edges.
Then, in Entity Info, set the Edges to Soft/Smooth.

Returning to Monochrome Style with Hidden Geometry off revealed a single Surface ready for the texture.

Did you see my PM?

If you did not connect all the points, the object will be “fragmented” and “holes” will exist in the matrix. Use “Solid Inspector^2” in order to find all the holes.