Time to load default template

Not sure if this is a 2018 thing but I have noticed that loading a new blank drawing takes a long time, with the dreaded spinning world going on for a minute or more. It can take longer to load a blank drawing than one with a lot in it. Don’t quite understand that.

Anyone else seen this?

likely suspects include your Template or your Extensions…

can you post your template for others to check and list your Extensions…

john

How do I tell which is my default template so that I can post a copy here?

Thing is, it should be the same template I used in 2017 and probably the same extensions. I have only noticed the issue in 2018. Also, it happens whenever you start a new drawing not just on firing up SU, so are extensions relevant?

Every extension creates load time. Vanilla SU opens in a flash.
Each addition adds to start up time.

to post your Template, open and save a new empty drawing…

Some extensions ‘tag’ every new model, it can take time…

If you want the ‘tags’ then save them in a new Template…

john

Have done as you suggest and uploaded the file.

Sorry to sound dim, but I am not sure what the tags are, where they would be found, or what they do. I attach a screenshot of what is in my plugin folder if that helps.

default.skp (208.5 KB)

your Template had 3 DC’s in it which will slow down loading…

I removed them and there materials, but left all your Layers, Scenes…

You could use ‘Save as Template’ if you want a faster loading one…

the two Layer managers are a bit of a concern, and I would remove at least one, if not both…

default_cln.skp (82.4 KB)

john

@john_drivenupthewall Many thanks for that. I wonder how the DCs got in there!

I will also look at your suggestion about two Layers Manager. I certainly wouldn’t need two.

I don’t know how to indicate that @john_drivenupthewall solved this problem for me apart from writing it like this. The cleaned template now loads almost instantaneously.

2017-12-15_11h36_142017-12-15_11h36_23

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.