"There's been an error sending data to our servers"

Hi at all,

I’m using the Sefaira Plugin for revit, but I was redirected to this Forum. I’m constantly recieving this message when i want to Analyse my Building.
“There’s been an error sending data to our servers”. I rebuild it, it’s still not working. Even if I use a very simple geometry ist not working. Im a new revit User, so it could be an issue. But im Pretty sure i did everything correct.
What can I do now ?

Thanks for your help

Johannes

Hi @johannisfee, thanks for reaching out here. It’s hard to tell without seeing the model first hand. Could you please share your model with me at niraj@sketchup.com. I would like to try running an analysis on the model on my end before I can make any recommendations on how to move forward.

I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience.

1 Like

I am getting the same error, even with an extremely simple model and the correct entity types. Would someone be able to look at my model to see if the same error is occurring for them?

Hi @packa060, could you please share your model here so that I can take a look at what might be going on?

Niraj,

Please see attached for the SketchUp model I am having issues with.

Massing Model 5 sefaira.skp (567 KB)

Hi @packa060,

Really well modeled for Sefaira. Thanks for sharing that .skp file. I am able to get the daylight analysis back, but am struggling with the energy analysis in the plugin. I suspect this has got to do with the shape of the floors in the model. Either way, let me test it on the web app and see how the Energyplus model is being created to know for sure.

Hi @packa060,

So I realized that your Roof glazing was not on top of a roof but made up the whole roof. Sefaira requires that the roof glazing be placed on a roof surface and therefore in the attached model I offset a small sliver and tagged that as “roof” to ensure that the glazing was a part of it. The analysis works fine after doing so.

Could you please give the attached model a go and let me know if you still encounter any issues?

Thanks.

Massing Model 5 sefaira_NP.skp (440.3 KB)

This worked! Thank you so much for your help. I will keep that in mind moving forward.

2 Likes

Hi @niraj.poudel
I had asked a question on here yesterday about a daylighting analysis issue and you were of so much help and resolved my problem. However, I’ve ran into another hiccup. I’m having the same problem of not being able to get energy results but I do receive daylighting results. Hopefully you can help me again. Here is a link to my model:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EsKETRnXXOVCUEhQKAnlxrzeYcU8fYIh/view?usp=sharing

@meganmendez I suspect what is going on here is:

a) There are floors that are overlapping each other.

b) The floors do not meet the walls to create an enclosed volume.

You should be able to get the results back if you were to correct those issues. I am not sure why you have broken the floor into numerous pieces but my recommendation would be to use one surface as far as possible. The more surfaces you introduce that either overlap or do not form a closed boundary will propagate any errors further.

@niraj.poudel
So I fixed the floor plates but am still getting the same issue. Could it be an issue with my walls?https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CqrBldAJmVAmtlWlWicwj-lkkPaabJ0j/view?usp=sharing

@meganmendez The analysis not coming back has got something to do with the windows in your model.

When I turn off the windows in the visibility graphics options (bullet point 1) >> the windows are removed from the analysis (bullet point 2) Sefaira automatically fills holes in externals walls to ensure that the model is airtight >> you can see that the analysis comes back fine (bullet point 3).

Once you change your windows things should work out fine. My recommendation, as always, is to obviously run the analysis inside of SketchUp, so that you do not come across issues like these. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

@niraj.poudel This worked! Thank you so much, I appreciate your time :slight_smile:

@niraj.poudel Hi Niraj,

Sorry I’m a bit late to the party, I’ve been encountering the same issue as the others. Could you have a quick look at my model? Also, when I open Sefaira up in the web browser I get the popup “Fatal Error - unable to resolve zoning in massing store with this zoning strategy.
Try other zoning strategies or contact customer support for help.”. Maybe this could help determine my issue. Thanks a lot!

Sorry @niraj.poudel, I also noted that you did write an article on daylighting for Sefaira. I was considering creating some louvers that could be edited parametrically in Revit. If you look at my model, you’ll see that I created louvers, but they are modelled as generic models and hence when I generate Sefaira views, they are not included. What would be the best way to go about this? I have tried creating a custom curtain wall panel with an aluminium louver within the family, however Sefaira considers the entire window family (including the aluminium louver) as glazing in the Sefaira views. Due to the above issue, I have not been able to try out the daylighting analysis so I would just like to know what would be the best approach for my goal. Thanks

HI @z5113200,

A couple of recommendations:

1. The first of which is to go through these tutorial series that includes how to model for Sefaira in Revit.

2. You need to ensure that any element that is not a part of the conditioned space is tagged as shading or ignored.

For example, bullet points 3-7 are surfaces that do not belong to a conditioned space and need to either be ignored or tagged as shading.

1. Sefaira will not recognize generic models (Model in place components or Model in place masses) and therefore you might want to model the louvers as an extension of the mullions if you are using curtain walls or simply by modeling the louvers as floor, wall or roof family and tagging it as shading.

2. When running the daylight analysis >> always do so with the “daylight analysis view” template active. Conversely, when running the energy analysis >> always do so with the “energy analysis view” template active (Bullet points 1 & 2). Subtle differences between the two view templates but they are there for a reason. The tutorials explain why in greater detail.

Please give those recommendations a go and that should work for you. Good luck!

2 Likes

@niraj.poudel
Dear manager. I face a similar Fatal Error - unable to resolve zoning in massing store with this zoning strategy. And I use Revit2020. Could you please help me to have a check? Thank you!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FowjE2P7DAOfMn2AnfIw95mt8-KphpMZ/view?usp=sharing

@tim19970609,

Could you please check your model against the guidelines here?

99% of the errors pertain to how the model is created and checking against the guidelines above should get you unblocked.