There was an error displaying the model. No model was specified to show

I am trying to embed a model on a website but I keep getting this error message:

When I upload the model is shows a message that Sketchup is “sprinkling some magic dust” or something like that. In any case, it is re-rendering the model.

Finally, the model does say it was successfully uploaded and I see a preview in the 3DWarehouse site.

But when I try and view it within the iPad Sketchup app it displays an older version of the model.

So I copy the embed code and post it inside my WordPress website using this code,

And this is the message that appears on the screen in place of the model, “There was an error displaying the model. No model was specified to show.”

Model Name: MSBExpo Floor Plan 6-10-19 Red 12-Screens - NEW

Here are the model specs as shown on Warehouse

• Materials

Polygons

File Size

7MB

Modified Date

6/11/2019

Dynamic Component

No

Geolocated

No

… looking at it. Right now, we can’t reproduce, but we’ll keep trying.

I embedded your model in an internal Google Sites page (using an iFrame gadget, then pasting the URL into the gadget) in Chrome, and it worked. On Edge / Win10, I get a blank. Looking further.

Thanks. FYI, I was able to embed an older version of the model that had been previously uploaded. Using Apple Safari browser and Elementor WP pagebuilder.

Yea, there’s something weird going on, but we haven’t nailed it down yet. Thanks for reporting.

Hi, Barry. Any luck? I’ve just encountered the same issue.

-André

Yes, we did find an issue in some 3rd party javascript. I’ll post here when we’re pushing a patch (sooner rather than later).

Please retry: should be fixed.

Hi, Barry.

It’s not working for me yet:
http://andreangelantoni.com/node/25

Here is the embed code. I’m new to this but I think my model is public.

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="326" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed/3d6d9e24-94cf-41a0-be8c-ea22d7138efb" width="580"></iframe>

Are you able to spot the problem?
-André

Hmm… did for me. You click on the model, it takes a few seconds to download the needed javascript to run, and then I get this:

It may not be immediately clear that you need to double click on the thumbnail to load the 3D view, and get the menu on the right side for scenes, orbit, pan, zoom and zoom extents. We’ll look at addressing that and do a better job of messaging.

-b

I’m at a loss. I’ve made the absolute simplest page possible and I still get the error “There was an error displaying the model. No model was specified to show.”

When opening the file through Chrome and Firefox, I get just the error message. When I open it in Safari I get the error message and the cookie message.

<html>
    <body>
    <iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="326" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" src="https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed/3d6d9e24-94cf-41a0-be8c-ea22d7138efb" width="580"></iframe>
    </body>
</html>

Are you able to confirm that the model is public? What if you have more permission than I do because you are on the internal network or a company vpn?

-André

Not even a thumbnail? Can you get to that url just in the browser, as

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed/3d6d9e24-94cf-41a0-be8c-ea22d7138efb

Then click on the thumbnail. If it doesn’t load, you could be down-level browser versions, turned off WebGL, or your network could be blocking something. I’ve seen all of those before. I’ve even seen Comcast block the 3D Warehouse, so I dare you to surprise me. :slight_smile:

-b

Do we need to reupload our model? If not, it’s still not working for me.

I see the model in the warehouse by title but there is no download option and when I click to view it still is opening a prior version.

Hi, Barry.

When I click on that link, I get the same message.

So I tried it just now on my cellphone and it worked.

I’ll check WebGL then connect my laptop through the cell phone and will get back to you.

Here are the results so far:

Phone On Cell Network (Google Fi, not sure which cell tower I’m connected to):
Chrome: works
Firefox: doesn’t work

Turned on WebGL on Chrome (version 75).

Computer on Comcast (wired):
Chrome: doesn’t work
Safari doesn’t work

Computer Via Cellphone Hotspot:
Chrome: doesn’t work

Have I found a new set of circumstances yet?? :wink:

Haha, I’ll go through those myself, but don’t be surprised… and then you call Comcast and it gets even weirder.

Hey, @TomKC, I downloaded and reuploaded your file and took out all the guide lines. But it’s having issues re-rendering. I’m looking into that - there’s something going on with that model.

@TomKC - I think that’s it: removing Guide lines, and now it loads and displays when I embed it in < 20 seconds.

I tried the link in your post
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/embed/3d6d9e24-94cf-41a0-be8c-ea22d7138efb
My results were : There was an error displaying the model. No model was specified to show.

Browsers,: Edge, Chrome and Microsoft Edge Dev
Internet provider: Centurylink

Thanks for the corroboration, RLGL.

I confirmed: I looked at it as a site admin. But you’ve marked the model private, so only you can see it in the public domain. We filed a bug to indicate this better, but you either need to login, or make the model public in order to see it.