The selector isn't working as it should

I’m a web only free version.
why the selector doesn’t show the encircling dotted square to indicate the selection of various objects?
I couldn’t find anything anywhere in the app to help. I’d appreciate any help, thanx…

Generally that’s a graphics issue. Which browser are you using?

Your profile indicates you are using a rather old Mac. Apple hasn’t supplied updates for the Nvidia graphics cards for some years. That may be the problem, too.

Which browser are you using? Check if there exists a newish version of Chrome that you could install. I understand that old versions of Safari tend to have problems with WebGl.

I was using the 2017 version previously and never have had that problem. It does select many objects when I encircle them, but it is really uncomfortable not being able to see what I’m doing.
Is there anything I can do?

The desktop version uses OpenGL while the web version uses WebGL. Different critters.

Please answer the question about which browser you are using.

Safari

So as @Anssi suggested, use Chrome. Safari is not a recommended browser for use with SketchUp for Web due to inadequate WebGL support.

Safari Versión 13.1.2 (13609.3.5.1.5)

Ok, I’ll do that and report back. Thank to you all.

See: Getting Started with SketchUp for Web | SketchUp Help

Especially the part about using a recommended web browser.

Following your advise I wen to help and installed the Firefox browser then in SketchUp I opened Preferences, once there opened the Open Gl option and choosed: 0x. That solved the problem. Thnks again.

Well, that wasn’t my advise but since it worked, that’s good.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.