Error when loading SketchUp web

I signed up for a free, consumer account w/SketchUp. I’ve logged in but whenever I try to use it, I get an error at the top of my screen that says:
Sorry, we encountered a problems with your web browser’s WebGL support.

I don’t know what this means. I’m using the most current MacOS and Safari as my browser. Does this message mean SketchUp is not compatible w/MacOS or Safari? If so, is there another way for a Mac user to use the free version of SketchUp? Or is something else going on that I don’t understand.

Thank you for your assistance.

Safari isn’t recommended. Try using Chrome or Firefox.

Thank you, wish that was made clear on the SketchUp site. Just logged in w/Firefox & so far no error message. Haven’t tried to use it yet but the fact that I chose to work w/SketchUp web & didn’t receive an error message is very promising.

I still prefer Safari (on a Mac) over other browsers but will use Firefox in a pinch. Have never tried Chrome & don’t plan to, I find everytime I use any Google product other than the search engine (such as Google docs or gmail), I’m immediately inundated w/spam emails. There’s obviously a real security issue w/most Google products.

I very much appreciate your suggestion & I’m happy that Firefox seems to work;

It might be worth looking at this page:

specifically the section on using a recommended web browser.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.