The path that you have chosen does not begin or end on the extrusion

Practice makes it easier. As Steve wrote and as I showed in my GIF’s it’s generally better to preselect the path before getting the Follow Me tool.

One thing to note, Many tools don’t need to dragged, in fact dragging can activate different features in some tools, Click and release to activate the tool, move as you wish, including zoom, orbit and pan via the scroll wheel, then click and release to finish the action.
As you see here I click and release then I can wave the mouse about happily without trying to hold the button down.
Fishing

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you I just tried your example and it does indeed work.

However, When I go back my follow a series of lines I now note two things.

1. Just as in your example after selecting the face and moving off to find the line with the cursor the ‘focus’ (dotted pattern) disappears from the face. Previously I thought that this meant that the tools wasn’t working.

2. It was work exactly the same as with the shape, i.e. as you say there is no need to hold down the mouse, But I get a delay. When the profile is curved out of the shape or attached to the line the tool is instant. When the profile is separated from the line or shape there is a delay. Which is not a problem. Just knowing that this will happen solves the problem.

Thank You I will continue to experiment.

BTW Chrome hand rail successfully draw and incorporated into model.

I ever face this problem before, tried follow me and the object just dissapear with that error notification, my solution is to resize my object 6/9 times and it’s workéd for me.

For the ones that may have a similar issue, pay attention to the scale. I had hard times trying to follow a curve path which didn’t complete successfully, and after scaling up the component the tool worked flawlessly.