The Extension Manager fails to load when I have started SketchUp in foreign language mode

The Extension Manager fails to load when I have started SketchUp in foreign language mode. I start it from the Windows 10 Command Prompt using sketchup -lang de for German and sketchup -lang fr for French. I do this for testing the German and French versions of my extensions.

The error message for German is ‘Oh Snap! de/js/app.soy.js failed to load! :(’
The error message for French is ‘Oh Snap! fr/js/app.soy.js failed to load! :(’

Perhaps these files should default to English?

I wanted to uninstall my extension. I was able to do it in the English version which I started from my task-bar icon.

I guess you have to reinstall SU and select all different (relevant) languages what you want to include.

BTW. Could you write into your forum profile (or at least mention in your post) which version of SU you are using ? :wink:

1 Like

Sorry, yes of course, it’s SketchUp 2022 64bit for Windows 10.

You are possibly correct about installing language files but it would still be nice for everyone if there was a default it could revert to.

:beer:

You can use the online or ofline installer of latest version from here:
Downloading SketchUp | SketchUp Help

Thank you! I’ll take a look at that.

Sure. The default is English. The problem is that when you are forcing the language which not installed you will get the result you mentioned in your first post. :wink:
I agree, it can (should) be handled more elegantly, but - for a time being - install the language you need then you can switch to that (I hope) :slight_smile: :innocent:

2 Likes