Texture image file not found when using photoshop as image editor sketchup 2018

38 PM

(26 PM

I just did a big update on my machine (see photo for machine specs) and now when I go to texture/edit texture image I get the error that “could not complete your request because file could not be found”. This worked flawlessly before on skp 2017 and ps cc 2015. Ps cc 2017 is set as my preferred image editor.
i updated to:
sketchup pro 2018
photoshop cc 2017

Anyone else having this issue? any ideas on how to make photoshop realize where the texture images are stored?

I’ve had this issue with Preview and Graphics Convertor…

because SU uses a temp directory for the image, other apps can only edit copies…

to get around this I find the temp folder from Ruby Console in SU using this code…

%x[open "#{Sketchup.temp_dir}"]

when it opens in Finder, I drag it to the sidebar for easy access…

after editing, I use ‘Save As’ and navigate to the sidebar folder and select the stored version and select ‘Replace’…

there may be an easier way, but it works…

john

1 Like

Just FYI:

SketchUp 2018
With the release of SketchUp 2018 we’ve removed support for Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). There is no longer a SketchUp Make for download, our free version of SketchUp is called SketchUp Free and available in all modern web browsers.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.