Texture Hinkyness

Why are my textures that I have imported acting weird? I do not have the words to describe the issue but I will add images. Also if I bring the texture in from another file it works fine but not from my material menu. Basically Sketchup decides the texture is not the color it should be.

Brick Metal Sand thing wall paper Wood Wood2

This is just some examples there are many more. Not all are effected. The big problem, aside from annoyance, is that they think they are the original color. With one that was suppose to be white but is red for instance it still thinks it is white and will have the sliders as such and so I can not make them white anymore. This is problematic.
sliders

When you installed SketchUp, did you right click on the downloaded file and choose “Run As Administrator”? If not find the download, right click on it choose run as… then select the repair option.

I did as I had trouble with for last years update. :slight_smile:

Add a model and people may be able to see the problem.

They appear like they are meant to be the color they are suppose to be but look at the sliders. These are all saved materials. And as far as I know they are not materials that are recolored from sketchups native library.

test.skp (2.2 MB)

Your profile shows you are using 2019, but if you’re on 2020 you may be seeing something that is the same as a support case I have. Here’s an excerpt from my reply to that case, starting with a way to show the issue (start the steps with 2019 and 2020 closed):

1. Put some of your tinted materials into a collection in 2019 and 2020 (using File Explorer)
  2. Open that collection as a secondary pane in 2019 Materials.
  3. Drag each one into the In Model pane. They remain the same looking.
  4. Repeat 3&4 in 2020. The In Model version becomes the original texture, not the tinted one.

A work around, which may be tedious, but not take too long:

1. In a 2019 file, lay down every texture you want into the scene. Like, paint bucket at least one face with each texture. Save.
  2. Open the file in 2020.
  3. Make a new collection, and drag the In Model textures into the new collection pane.

That seems to create a collection that behaves itself.