Texture A/O Baking in Sketchup?

Hi , so i have been wondering if there is an easier way to bake textures rather than using Photoshop , is there any plugin that does it ? I want the texture files to be baked not plugins like Vray or others which bake it and just show a preview , i want to export model with texture files baked aswell . i know photoshop can be used for that but it is hectic if there was another way ?
Thanks .

This, I think, would be a good feature request for the LightUp plugin, wouldn’t it, @AdamB ?

Not sure if this is exactly what you’re looking for, but Twilight has this render-to-texture add-on that bakes rendered textures directly into the model. It’s a paid add-on ($59) and requires a Twilight Pro license ($99). Might be worth checking out:

How about rendering to an image file and using the result as a PhotoMatch background, and applying the image to the model faces from there? Might work OK in simple cases.

Sure, LightUp (https://light-up.co.uk) does all this. You can export the lightmaps and model as FBX or DAE.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.