Texts in Layout refering to SU components or groups and text box edit in LO

Great if images keep the size. But I am afraid they do not have same ratio… so many images and some are used in other settings/applications where I am not as picky with a square/quadrat format…

OK - I skipped all extra info on the plants at this stage and only kept images and correct name from tables in word. headline and plant names not perfect focus on text - but still - simple and easy c/p

Strange thing I noticed on the text boxes in LO where I have white text - if I need to edit in the box -the text is “invisible” and hard to change…

Now my family tells me to stop for today… Happy friday and thank you for your help!

Would there be a simple trick to make sure when you try to move adjust your leaders that the angle turns out to be 90 degrees?
I try to grab the blue dot in the angle where it is not 90 and move it - but it wobbles and I have difficulties to get to perpendicular…

Hi Susanne,

Make sure you have Snap Grid Off and edit the leader so you can move the corner control point. Move it over until it infers to the arrowhead. You’ll know it has done so because of the green line following the cursor if you move down a little bit.

label

Thank you Dave - I probably had not snap grid off. Now I got it to work! Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Trying to import the excelsheet and figure it out - however is there a way to “fit size to page” if you understand what I mean?
Let´s say I would rotate the table I have inserted and what it to fill out the page - of course with columns and rows expanded to view all content?
Or do I manually need to estimate or figure out that I need to cut - half way or a third of my table and split it into several pages?
IF that would be needed how can I get my headline row to follow on the following pages?

You could use a smaller font (set in the spreadsheet) or you could split the thing across pages. When you inert the spreadsheet you can select the range of cells to display. You can also right click on the spreadsheet and edit the range. To use the same column heads on two pages, I would use one insert to show just the headers and another one below it to show the range of cells you’ll have on the sheet. You can copy the spreadsheet insert several times and edit what each copy shows.

Thank you Dave - it worked out quite nice I grouped the two in order for the headline to stick to the second part.
this without changing font size - would I do that in excel or LO?!

Good deal and yes, change the font size in Excel.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

May I ask if there is any magic button/function to preset the width of the leader text box? Now the box continues to be as long as the sentence/text I write… I would want it to be limited to a certain value or at least not float away all over the drawing and then needing to adjust it…

Any trick? Please? :slight_smile:

Hi Susanne,

The only trick is to hit Enter when you want to start a new line.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: sometimes things are too simple! Just before I try it - does this “enter” impact if I later change/adjust the size of the box?!

:smiley:

Yes. Pressing Enter adds a “carriage return” and that will remain even if you change the size of the text box. If you make the text box narrower you might get the text wrapping in additional places but the carriage returns will be fixed. You can edit the text to remove the carriage returns if you want, though.

Thank you!

1 Like

You’re welcome. FWIW, here’s an example. To remove the carriage returns I clicked at the end of a line, hit Spacebar to add a space and Delete to remove the carriage return.
label

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

HHhhmm now I am using my group name I created in SU for my leader text - how can I split this on several lines within the box?! Any tip?

Hi Sisanne,

Once you’ve placed the label, you can edit it change the size of the text box. Double click on the leader and then select the text box and drag the edge of the box.
label

OK thanks.

1 Like