Text render bug/problem on semi transparent background

Text in front of a semi-transparent face is rendered badly. See lower ‘label’ on image, the other label is placed behind the same face and renders as I would expect. The face is filled with an opacity of 84% white on this side and 100% on the other side. I already tried OpenGL settings in SU but this made no difference.

Does the tranparency quality setting has an influence here?

What if you pull up the text a bit?
Something else you could try: group the text (select the text entity > menu Edit > Make Group).
Although this will detatch the leader arrow from the geometry it was pointing to.

apparently not

What do you mean?[quote=“Wo3Dan, post:3, topic:31367”]
Something else you could try: group the text (select the text entity > menu Edit > Make Group).
Although this will detatch the leader arrow from the geometry it was pointing to.
[/quote]

Makes no difference. btw the text is in another component than the face is. I also tried to explode everything but this makes no sense either.

I meant to change its z value to a higher level, i.e. move it up along blue.

I moved it a few cm along the blue axis but this also doesn’t help. And to be honest I also can’t imagine how this could help.

[quote=“chris-d, post:7, topic:31367”]
… And to be honest I also can’t imagine how this could help.
[/quote] Maybe not but it was worth a try. It wouldn’t be the first time it would solve a bad display of a text entity.

Another shot: for selected text entity in ‘Entity Info’ change the font size from _ points to desired height.

Otherwise share the file so others can have a go.

What does it mean ?

This also didn’t help.

Here’s the file:

text transparency problem.skp (440.0 KB)

In the mean time I upgraded to SU Make 2016 but this didn’t make any difference. And I’m working on a Mac.

if I change the font from Open Sans [which I don’t have installed] ] to Tahoma Negreta @ 3cm then I can see it clearly on my mac…

your Layers are all wrong, which may also contribute to what your seeing…

john

I tried with some other fonts including Tahoma but that doesn’t help either. I don’t have Tahoma Negreta.

Can you explain me what is wrong with the layers?

The key problem with your use of layers is that you are assigning layers other than layer 0 to base level geometry (edges and faces) . This is likely due to the fact that you are making layers other than layer 0 active which is not a good way to work in SketchUp. See: http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000122

Aha! Ok I understand. Thanks!

But it doesn’t solve the text problem.

I didn’t mean to imply that it would solve the text problem.

Maybe you should be using LayOut instead. Then you can put the labels in on top of everything else.

My client wants to make a video with a Sketchup scenes animation in it. So Layout is not a solution I’m afraid :wink:
But he seems to be ok with a more transparent face so the bug is not that obvious.

What are you talking about? I just tried it (since I don’t work on LayOut anymore), and it works.

1. SketchUp file, make scenes.
  2. Send to LayOut
  3. Presentation mode.
  4. double click on model, right click, play animation.

Now if you have call outs and dimensions, it may be weird, but it works for other things.
Edit: meh… I tried to make it look good with your 2 callouts, and if they’re attached or not, they don’t remain visible on top… I tried applying a clipping mask, but when you doubleclick on the model, it becomes front. OK, nevermind. Interesting idea to make this do what you’re looking for in LayOut.

Do you inform me, how I can change the font size from sketchup software?