Distorted Screen text

Help! Can anyone enlighten me as to why screen text is distorting?

I have noticed that it is tricky adding a screen text over an object, because it tends to get stuck to whatever is underneath, making it hard to select or move it.

This how ever is a whole new problem. I created it in mid air, free of anything underneath it and text is distorting.

Can you describe which text you think is distorting and how? Because i donā€™t see any problem, except the thin line above ā€˜Tee 63ā€™. Is that supposed to be a text facing us?

You can check this article in the meantime: Adding Text, Labels, and Dimensions to a Model

@lools, ā€¦ or do you mean that the larger screen text isnā€™t crisp around the edges of the text?
Other (leader) text tend to look much clearer, yes.

Yes i mean the large screen text ā€œā€¦Underground Version 1ā€
If you look closely the pixels are breaking up - the letters look jagged :frowning:

Right now I have SU2014 open (old PC with Windows Vista) and donā€™t see jagged screen text like you do. (I noticed it in your uploaded screenshot).

But yes, Iā€™ve experienced the same in later version(s) op SketchUp, like in SketchUp 2017 Pro. I donā€™t know why this is happening though.
Others may confirm the same result in SU2017 or may have a solution to avoid it from happening (another graphics card driver?)
It only happens to screen text for me, no other display issues in SU2017.

Hi Wo3Dan, yes i have 2017 Pro -

Thankfully , ive just noticed that when i save to jpeg it dosnt show today but other times it has , which makes me question whether it is not just a graphics card issue on my machine

Looks like an Anti aliasing issue because you can see the axes are jagged too. You might get a better result if you make some adjustments to your OpenGl settings.

Thank you Box - im not sure what that means?

In SU go to Window/Preferences/OpenGL and try changing the amount of anti-aliasing.

1 Like

Youā€™d get even nicer results if youā€™d add the text in LayOut instead of in SketchUp.

I tried layout, and yes it can look better, but its so slow - take for ages to flip through pages - also the black and white didnt look that great.

in short due to huge time pressure to churn drawings out, i havnt solved the technical issues with layout yet, in order to make it viable :slight_smile:

Sounds like you need a break from projects so you can learn to use LO because thereā€™s no reason for slow page flipping or ā€œblack and whiteā€ not looking great.

1 Like

yes that would be great!! lol

right now just the idea of opening one of my layout files makes me shudder it just goes straight into ā€œnot resopondingā€

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.