Tags : How to enlarge the name columns

Struggling with this same tag column resizing problem. I’ve upgraded to the latest OS (Monterey 12.0.1) which did not solve the issue for me. I’ve been trying the workaround proposed by Colin, but pasting the provided text into “Go to Folder” hasn’t gotten me anywhere as I simply get a bell sound when executing the paste, but it doesn’t produce any folders to continue with. I haven’t been able to find the folder manually either. Has anyone else figured out an alternative solution? I have a large time sensitive project that is more or less dead in the water without being able to see my tags. Thanks in advance for any other thoughts or suggestions…

Open SketchUp
[menu] SketchUp > Preferences > Files
hit the right folder icon next to templates
Close SketchUp via the dock icon
hit Cmd + (Cmd + UpArrow)

1 Like

That did it! Thank you Mike, you rescued me from days of frustration… Now if the next SU update could add user adjustability of the column width and bring back the entity info-new-tag feature as sigfreds suggested that would be grand!

Hi Mike, does this work on Mac?

Mike’s instructions were for Mac, as a work around to the problem of not getting to the folder in Finder. I know at least one person had copied and pasted too much of the text in my message. Here is what I said before, but with the text to copy separated:

In Finder, choose Go to Folder… from the Go menu.

Copy and paste this text into the go to folder dialog:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2021/SketchUp/

Press return, and you should be taken to the folder where SketchUp 2021’s PrivatePreferences.json is located.

1 Like

Much Thanks Colin…

Only problem I found with this solution is it takes out my sketchup license. I have to put my license back in for the program to work

If you only renamed the PrivatePreferences.json file, you will have to agree to the terms and conditions again, but you shouldn’t need to reenter your license. The license file is held elsewhere.

As I would not have bet my life on what I just said, I did test it! Indeed, myClassic license was still there.