Tag Dropdown in Entity Window on Mac

We tend to have a decent amount of tags in our models at the office. Reassigning items/groups, etc to different tags is INSANE on a Mac. The dropdown for tag selection is 5.5 rows high. On Windows, the dropdown is as tall as the number of tags.

I understand 2022 now has a new tagging feature which I have yet to try out, but it would be nice to make this dropdown taller, ideally as tall as the number of available tags.

2 Likes

bump

please…

Don’t know why your post was not read a year ago.

@kathy_davies will drop by…

So this didn’t make it into 2023 for Mac, but please consider this for a future update? Working with dozens of tags makes this process a nightmare. @kathy_davies

The whole SketchUp for Mac UI is a nightmare.

1 Like

So true, I have written before about hoping to have an application frame like Photoshop, C4D, Vectorworks etc…and consistent icons/sliders across Layout and Sketchup. It is great having an iPad app to look at your designs in the field but the biggest improvement for Mac users would be a consistent palette location so we are not continually searching. I am using Fredo LOTT at the moment and setting it up further for 2023 as the UI is still so frustrating. Please Trimble, spend some money and time on this. The people who post here do so because they want Sketchup to be better and to continue using and paying for it but it feels like we have been forced into subscription and then no real improvements. If you were planning something better but need a little more time then let us know,

thanks

Dan

1 Like