Swimming Pool on Kauai, in Hawaii

Do you put the stick on a boogie board floating in the pool? :grinning: I had a Montgomery Ward builders level, however, it was faster to use a water level. Make sure you order extra for waste, mis-cuts and warped tiles.

Question: will the Mosasaurus tell you if the room is out of square? Walls with bends in them?

G

Thames, I am also remodelingā€¦ was trying to get my bathroom remodel game up to snuff so did 5 bathrooms recently but somehow ended up getting worse at tiling! Or at least tired of it. - 3 way lasers are handy for tiling.

Iā€™m not sure about the Moasure for indoor use. I recently used a Bosch laser measure with the MeasureOn app to grab some indoor measurements. The MeasureOn app has a capability to plot out walls and windows but I find it doesnā€™t work well enough for me to keep using. The photos with measurements feature is nice though. Anyway, I ended up just entering measurements into SketchUp:

I put flooring throughout, so having a model seemed worth making. Lasers allow you to just shoot across a room, rather than ā€˜traceā€™ a room. Here, it seems, I would prefer the laser to Moasure. However, if the Moasure records measurements in an importable format (which it apparently does), then it might have an edge there. Still intrigued.

Outdoor use is where the Moasure gizmo seems to have the most utility (to me). Today I used an outdoor laser measure, a Zip Level and an 8ft level. This combo worked well for what I was doing. But the Moasure seems as though it would have done the trick as well. First, I think I would strap a level to the ā€˜stickā€™ to get plumb. And I still suspect that I would prefer a laser for laying out a line parallel to a structure. But for a number of the elevations that I wanted to find, I would rather have used something to simplify the process. For example, I wanted to stay level across a 12ft span so I put a stake in the ground between my points, marked level from one side to the stake using the 8ft level, then from the stake to the other side of the span. The Zip level can also do that, but it has a fragile gas filled hose which works better when more is uncoiled. Well, I did need an elevation about 40ft away and thatā€™s when that tool was used. If I could skip laying out and reeling in hose and using other tools - I would!

Iā€™d be curious if, with the Moasure, I could get enough points to draw/create a terrain mesh over a larger area. That would be worth it to me.

Tired here, soā€¦ Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.