Super Glossy Black Texture

Hi to the experienced artists at Sketchup Pro. I have been trying to get a super glossy black finish on the coffee cup logo for almost 2 weeks. It is to be mounted about an inch away from the concrete wall (as shown in my SKP file. I have tried all the Sketchup textures and whatever tricks I could muster. I do not have V-Ray, but if you do, perhaps you can make it happen for me so I can decide whether to invest in the plugin and learning curve> For now, I would love to get this small project. It will lead to others. Or it could be that you know how to get a realistic “mirror-like glossy” (very glossy) look. I’m all eyes and will sing your praises from the highest mountaintop…My guess is I will end up with V-Ray, but will need lots of time to acclimate to it. Your help would be a watershed moment for me. Thanks for looking over my SKP file. Robbie
COFFEE CUP for SHINYNERSS.skp (456.6 KB)

Sorry, I spelled Shinyness wrong…Thx ~R~

You’re just not going to get shiny in SketchUp. You’ll need to use a rendering application like V-ray for that.

Please complete your profile with SketchUp version and current operating system. You’ve been asked to do this repeatedly but haven’t done it. That information will help us help you.

1 Like

Why don’t you try a free renderer like many of us have told you?
Starting another topic about this is futile and against forum guidelines!
https://forums.sketchup.com/guidelines

1 Like

I had no idea it is against the rules to ask for help. I someone needs help in the Adobe Users Group, and if it’s something I can easily do, I cheerfully don’t without any regrets. I had some ask to make a blur skinned person for an Avatar image he’s making. I easily changed the skin color an even moved and reshaped the ears. So what’s wrong with sharing knowledge and technique with colleagues? I hope you don’t speak for the entire group. Maybe you can’t help because you don’t know how. I don’t know, but you need not scold another user like me, just don’t respond if you don’t have a helpful solution instead of asking me to go look for some program/plugin. I wouldn’t do that to you. If you need help and it’s something I can help with especially to save you time, just call on me.

Who said there was any rule about asking for help? You’ve asked for the same help in a previous thread but seemingly ignore the help that was given. You’ve also ignored repeated requests for information.

1 Like

I never said that…

Nothing wrong with that. But why don’t you listen to the people that are trying to help you? Where I come from that’s called rude…

Me and others were giving you an answer to your question, you are the one that is saying they are not helpful…
But don’t worry, I won’t bother to help you anymore…

1 Like

Dave, I went to the Community Page 3 times so far and do not know how to fill out the profile…It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s that I do not know how. I’m not that good at most things on the computer, and stellar performance on a few things. If you get a minute, just give me a “walk-through” especially an accurate starting point. Which page am I on when I want to set my profile? Sketchup? Community Page? Other? I’d appreciate your guidance.

You been asked many many times over the years to fix your profile. If you didn’t know how you could have asked for help instead of making it look like you’re thumbing your nose at us. You won’t even answer the question about the SketchUp version you’re using in a reply to the question reinforcing that you are just ignoring us.

Click on your avatar at the top right of the forum page. The R in the mauve circle. Click on Preferences. Click on Preferences again and it should be clear.

1 Like

Dave, I went to the Community Page 3 times so far and do not know how to fill out the profile…It’s not that I don’t want to, it’s that I do not know how. I’m not that good at most things on the computer, and stellar performance on a few things. If you get a minute, just give me a “walk-through” especially an accurate starting point. Which page am I on when I want to set my profile? Sketchup? Community Page? Other? I’d appreciate your guidance. I accidentally sent this communication to another user, I will try to delete it as he wasn’t that helpful. I can’t afford another $400 plugin and learning curve just to fix one small file. I was kind of hoping someone would see me struggling and throw me a lifeline. Hope all is well with you (and Family) and that this year becomes an amazing experience for us all. I choose to be a respected member of this group, and happy to go by the rules whatever they are. I don’t want to be chastised for wanting to learn, nor do I condescend to those who want to learn “gold leaf techniques” of which I am a Master. If someone wants to learn how to gild in one easy lesson, I just would ignore that request. I would treat them like a lesser human being. Gilding takes many years to learn, as does becoming an Architect. I am 72 years old and don’t want to be an Architect, just a few pointers that will help me design a sign mockup once in a while. Thanks, R

I don’t know HOW (or where exactly) to fill out the profile…Have the same problem with my Facebook account. I am not being obstinate, and I have asked for help about the profile a few times in the last week or so…I anyone could send me a screenshot of the PAGE where I find the profile settings, I would love to appease those who think it’s the right thing to do. All I am looking for is to be an associate in this group and in good standing. And to be treated like an Artist like you all are. 's why it’s a “Community”.

Enscape

1 Like

Adam, Is it too much to ask if you can do your beautiful MP4 with a 10" shadow instead of 90%? I also would like to request info on the program/plugin you used to make such a stunning thing. I am in awe. Thankyou, Robbie

I also appreciated the one with the discrete shadow and the sky in the reflection. Can that animate like the other one you animated? I am astonished by the look you can create. I hope I can learn by what you have done. Thx, Robbie

I have to ask if you are a moderator or just another one of us in need of help. Thankyou in advance for that answer. Robbie

I am not a moderator, just another member of the forum trying to help others like you…

That’s good to know. Thankyou for toning it down a little. I have no gripes or expectations other than learning a little about 3 dimensional space. R

If you spend some time at The Learning Center, you will learn how to use the tools to get what you want. (interactive tutorials) Also, go to The SketchUp YouTube Channel and pay attention to the Square One series. Both are sponsored by the SketchUp Crew and well worth the time spent there.

1 Like

It looks like you’ve updated your profile, I guess you have an integrated gpu and you have an i5 processor and 8gigs of ram, though it’s not enough information I can tell you that you’ll need a more powerful hardware if you want to get into 3D rendering, it is posible with your current hardware, but you will be able to render only using the processor which takes a lot of time to do it, there are softwares like lumion that doesn’t even support cpu rendering, I wouldn’t buy a vray license with that hardware, unless it’s extremely necessary, but if you want just for hobby there are other cheaper or free rendering softwares like twinmotion or D5, but you’ll need a discrete gpu to use them.