Render- all black or no color at all

Hy everyone! I desperately need your help… I would like to render my project with ( chaos V -ray) and suddenly my renders become all black . I don’t know what did I do wrong? I try many settings and doesn’t work. Please please for help what did I do wrong. Thank you for help. If you need more info please let me know.
Best regards
Aida

It would help if you’d share your SketchUp model so we can see how you have things set up.

hi Dave my model is to big to share… is there any other solution?
thank you

Upload it to DropBox or Google Drive or WE Transfer and share the link.

1 Like

is it ok?

No. You need to grant permission so we can download your file. Also, you’ve marked your post as the solution. That’ll stop other folks from trying to help you because they’ll think your problem is solved.

1 Like

uf sorry. will do it again

1 Like
1 Like

Have you added any V-ray lights? There don’t appear to be any in the components list that I can see.

You have a lot of exposed back faces in your model. Look at your cabinets for example.Those will not render correctly. You should correct those faces.

There’s an awful lot of unused stuff in your model. Purging unused once in a while would help.
Screenshot - 12_21_2022 , 12_06_56 PM
This purge reduced the file size by about 66%.

And incorrect tag usage which might have come in with components from the 3D Warehouse.
Screenshot - 12_21_2022 , 12_08_17 PM
All edges and faces should be created and remain untagged.

ok thank you for all info. May i ask u for your help ( I’m willing to pay for the service ). Im using sketchup several month - so its pretty new all this for me. But I’m satisfied :slight_smile:

Are you asking me to repair your model? I’ve purged it and did some cleanup but I’m afraid I don’t have time right now to do more with it. I’m sorry.

Here’s the file: Dropbox - projekt- družinska hiša- šenčur copy purged.skp - Simplify your life

1 Like

In Shadows Panel change UTC from + 1 to other value

1 Like

still nothing… i would like to know where is the main problem, because second pic is first render its not perfect but its least something and then suddenly I have now only black one :frowning:

Turn on shadows and you’ll see that at UTC +07:00 it’s still dark. Try as you see in my image with +09.:45.

1 Like

much better . thank you… what is next step? the colors are to intensive and the style is ?!?

First of all, make sure that you have the model created correctly in SketchUp. Dave has already shown you the main changes you need to make.

Then go to Chaos site and watch the tutorials for V-Ray, starting with basics

If I change the UTC to +12:00, the rendering will look like this

So when I tried it with your settings…this is what I got:

Then I reset all of your settings in the Asset Editor to back to ‘Default’. And under ‘Camera’ I enabled ‘Auto’ for the ‘Exposure’.

Lastly, I turned on your ‘Display Correction’ in the Frame Buffer (open the right panel to find that). And added a new ‘Exposure’ layer where I then turned your ‘Highlight Burn’ down.

Still a lot of work to do to help improve this rendering but at least this should get you back on track.

2 Likes

thank you so much for your help.
Best regards

1 Like

thank you thank you :wink: