Sudden "unsupported browser" message when trying to access My Apps page

Suddenly got a “It looks like you’re using an unsupported browser” message today on both ChromeOS (Chrome) and Linux (Firefox). Using the latest version of each. Ideas?

Can you please post a screenshot? Did this just start happening last week?

Screenshot attached. Happens when I’m logged in and try to view “My Apps” and am redirected to Trimble | Account Management

I’ve been using Shop since March and it started just last week. All of my Chromebooks (I’ve got several models with different ChromeOS builds) exhibiting the same.

I’ve been able to work around with Chromium on Linux (Firefox fails) but surprised that basic Chrome browser support on ChomeOS is failing.

Thanks,

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue.
What version of Chrome are you using?

Brad

Sorry for the delay. Still an issue.

This is happening on all of my Chromebooks:
Newer ones running: Version 96.0.4664.111 << latest version of chrome os
Older ones running Version 91.0.44472.167 << pretty old

I would venture that a recent Sketchup release took out all ChromeOS support.

Same message on Debian Linux running the latest Firefox: v. 78.15.0esr

[EDIT] - Jan 7, 2021 - Add ChromeOS Version 93.0.4557.107 to the list. Every Chromebook I’ve tested this on fails.

Still blocked. I imagine that with schools starting again every Chromebook using student is going to find the same.

Is there a place I can formally register this issue?

1 Like

I have the same issue when attempting to access my files under the free web version with Chrome OS. I can’t get past the “unsupported browser” screen.

After several back-and-forths with support, it became clear that I could get to the app by directly going to “app.sketchup.com” after logging in instead of using the site navigation.

Seems to be an issue with Trimble account management on Chromebooks, not the app itself.

Hope that helps anyone with the same problem.

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your issue.
We made a fix for this issue in Trimble Account Management on Chromebooks. which is expected to go live on Feb, 3.

Debian Linux - Firefox ESR, currently not supported but the team will consider in the future.
Workaround is to install latest Firefox (anything after v88) via FlatPak

Hope this helps. Let us know if you would need anything further.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I’ll check after you push that update into production.

I’ve been able to use Chromium on Linux in the interim.

Bruce

I’m new here and just purchased a year of Shop. Using Chrome on a Chromebook, it’s up to date, and I’m getting this message.

So… What do I do? Time is ticking on my year’s subscription.

This topic was automatically closed after 151 days. New replies are no longer allowed.