SU PRO 2021Align view command not working

In previous version of su pro, there is a command when you right click called align view. So if i select a face on a angled plane, then right click, align view, it puts me perp to that face. However, i have noticed in su pro 2021, it never works. I tried my older install of 2019 on my laptop and it worked just fine. so i know something strange is going on.

thanks
align view not working

Align View command does work in SketchUp 2021. Turn on Hidden Geometry so you can select a single face. As it is, you are selecting a bunch of faces with different orientations. There’s no way for SketchUp to determine which face you want to align the camera to.

1 Like

perfect. that worked. i keep forgetting that stl or obj files are nothing more than a bunch of faces to make even a flat surface.

that worked great. thanks.

You should be cleaning up your models so you can get rid of the coplanar edges. Or just select Merge Faces when you import.

Even so, with the edges softened your GIF shows you are selecting faces with different alignments so of course Align View won’t work.

1 Like

i used cleanup 3 on all of these stl files. have not tried the merge faces option yet. i will try that out.

thanks