SU podium renders black pictures?

Hi! I’ve just started working with SU Podium and whenever i render a picture it comes out completely black? I’m trying to render a room with no windows. I did however add lightning so it should work. Someone help me out!

Let’s see your model. Can you upload it?

The file is too big to upload. I can make screenshots though, what would you like to see?

I want to see the views of your model with the face style set to Monochrome. You could upload to the 3D Warehouse and provide the link.

Should also post your question in the Podium forum where most if not all the members are Podium users.

(it’s suppose to be the background for a game i’m making in case you’re wondering why i’m making a jail hahaha)

I can’t find that you included any lights for Podium in your model so it’s no wonder its black in there.

It’s too bad you got so far along with your model and left so much to fix. You need to correct all of the reversed faces in your model. The blue faces in this case should be out. You should repair your model before you worry about rendering it.

ughh, i’ll fix it.
Thank you for your help!

FWIW, here’s scene 8 after I painted a transparent material on the outside of the ceiling faces and turned on the sun.

The gray patch at the top is one of your Vray lights.

Although Podium will render the materials painted on back faces, many renderers do not. They will leave those areas black as in nothing there at all.

Could you please screenshot the settings of the renderer to get this result?

Sorry. I’ve already closed it and uninstalled Podium. (I only installed it to see what I got when I rendered your model.) I didn’t make any render settings, though. I just clicked Run.

Oooh it’s okay

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.