Styles displaying wrong on one of my computers

Hi,

I am using Sketchup on a 2010 iMac and a 2015 Macbook Air. On the Air, the styles display really well and the ‘ground’ vs the ‘sky’ is obvious and I can see everything. On the iMac, the vast majority of styles are unusable as everything is washed out / bright / the same colour, the few that are usable, so many of the colours of different things become the same as the background when I move the model around and I can’t differentiate anything anymore.

I want to use the iMac as it has a 4x bigger screen and have been playing around for an hour and searching forums and google for an answer as to why this would be but can’t work out what is happening. I’m using the same sketchup web acc on both computers and looking at the exact model.

The two styles I have chosen to illustrate the problem are ‘Generic CAD’ and ‘Simple Style’

attached is 4 photos showing two different styles on both computers.

any suggestions much much appreciated!

Seth

Looks like a graphic card problem on the 2010. What are the specs on the iMac? What system, which browser are you using? And most important what graphic card is present in the iMac? 2010 is pretty old in computer years.

1 Like

Thanks I hadn’t thought of this. I got the iMac for free cause I wanted the bigger screen, here are the deets. I am using chrome, are there better options?

Thanks sooooooooo much for this help. Screen Shot 2021-03-27 at 6.13.49 pm

The SketchUp system requirements page says that SketchUp 2021 needs MacOS 10.14 or newer.

ok amazing, thanks so much!