Student 3D Printing STL Errors - Please help!

Hello! I am trying to 3D print my model for a school project, but the printer is saying there are missing faces on my stl file. Any help to solve the problem will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
Print Model.skp (1.3 MB)

Does the inside of the structure need to viewable from the exterior in the printed version? In other words, do you need to be able to see through the window and doorways, or can they simply be indented solid walls?

Ideally, I would want them to be able to see through, but it can be solid when it prints.

Try this:

Print Test 1.stl (2.0 MB)

Sometimes you can run your .stl through the online Netfabb tool to help clean up models and make them manifold. I dont know if that applies here , but you can check it out. https://service.netfabb.com/login.php

Thank you! I sent it to the printer and will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll give it a try!

May I ask what that model is for? It looks like an organic planter of some type.

It’s a rectangle building that I added the curved/angle wall to slice through for a school project. I removed the front two walls to see the curve better on the model.

No problem. I’ve done a bunch of 3D printing of architectural models and know how complicated and time consuming it can be to get something to work. Please let me know if what I sent you works out, or if more changes are needed.

Thank you so so much Tyson!!! The file worked and the printer is able to print your revised file. I can’t explain how grateful I am for your help!! THANK YOU.

1 Like

Wahoo!