Steam locomotive type 375.007 - 3D printed

This is my the latest personal project of steam locomotive type 375 in the scale 1:25. I drafted it in Sketchup 2020 and 3D printed on my microfarm of three Prusa MK3S printers :slight_smile:

Photos of the model:

IMG_3076 kopie

There are some sketchup pics:

Renders:

Thanks for watching!

40 Likes

Oh, my! There’s some work gone into that.

2 Likes

That is a fantastic model, especially when physically printed. Excellent job! Must be great to see the printed model in person.

2 Likes

Impressive, as always!

2 Likes

Beautiful tribute to a beautiful machine! What modeling skill and dedication!

3 Likes

Very impressive!

2 Likes

Very well done!
Q:
Did you keep track of the number of individual printed parts?
(Obviously not all in one go…right?)

C

2 Likes

Thank you!
I didn’t count it but I guess the model is assembled from approx 400 printed parts. Folder with STLs has more than 200 files.

4 Likes

Michal,
“approx 400 printed parts”

Truly incredible…couple last Q’s…were majority of parts printed with black filament? And if not can you say how much/type of post-print work was needed to achieve this level of finish?

Thanks
Charlie

2 Likes

Hello Charlie,

yes, there are so many parts. Last time I made my the first model of steam locomotive and I wrote instructions for 3D print with list of all parts. The model had 300 parts. You can see here for the instructions : instructions.pdf - Google Drive
This model is more detailed so I thing it has about 100 parts more.

This model is printed from PLA filament Prusament Galaxy Black without post processing.

Thank you for your interest.

Wow! That is amazing!

1 Like

This is just beautifully made. Bravo!!!

2 Likes

Absolutely Amazing… congratulations

2 Likes

A piece of good job. Congratulations.
Piotr

2 Likes

Amazing work, I am extremely impressed you were able to that with SketchUp!! That is incredible. Love to know how many hours in the drawing prior to sending it to 3D printer. Thanks for sharing gives us all a positive boost of what is possible.

2 Likes

Meisterhaft! Das kann nur Liebe sein :slight_smile:
Masterful! That can only be love :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! Sketchup is really great to make this model. It’s necessary to use solid components and solid groups and sort parts of model to groups (or components) and tags (layers). I don’t know, how many time needed, but I think it was around 150 to 200 hours of drawing. I made it in my free time and it took half of year…

1 Like

Thanks for responding, you have great organization and passion, not to mention concentration. Thanks again for sharing. Can’t wait to see your next project.
Steve

2 Likes

Me too. But your previous ones are wonderful too! I wonder if people would find them better if you posted all in a single long gallery thread? I seem to remember that @TheOnlyAaron was able to concatenate threads for someone.

4 Likes

That is absolutely incredible. Totally wonderful.

2 Likes