In the continuation of the cylindrical projection, I present to you the spherical projection.
We start with a rectangle of dimensions:
- Width = Equatorial Perimeter
- Height = Equatorial half-perimeter
A UV projection is applied to it along the Y axis
Then we do a bit of origami, to deform it into a sphere.
Input parameters are:
- The radius of the sphere
- The number of vertical and horizontal divisions.
- You can apply one of the photos of the surface of one of the celestial bodies of our solar system (Photo credit from NASA)
- You can alternate plane view or spherical view.
- Rotate the sphere
Thank you for your comments and suggestions.
Gif live démo :