SpaceNavigator not working on second display

Hi all,

Need some help. Just bought a SpaceNavigator and installed with the latest 10.2.1 driver and it will not manipulate a SU model on my second display (but it does on my 2011 Macbook Pro display). The funny thing is that it will scroll/zoom a Safari page on the second monitor. Makes me wonder if its a SU problem?
I installed Yosemite today and the second monitor is a Samsung LED connected via Firewire/HDMI.
I am running SU Make 2014 free. Tried on the Trial 2015 Pro version as well. Would a full License solve this?

Thanks in advance

Hi jklu,
This response may not be effective because the setup you described is not exactly the same as mine, although I too use a 3d Connexion product (SpaceMouse Wireless) in conjunction with SketchUp on a dual monitor configuration. I use a Windows based pc rather than a Macbook and I initially encountered difficulty with installing drivers found on the installation dvd. After downloading from the manufacturer’s site, my product worked just fine.

You can download the latest drivers for your product from the 3d Connexion website (3DxWare 10 Archives - 3Dconnexion US) and save the file to your hard drive. Try reinstalling the drivers for your SpaceNavigator using this download. I suggest rebooting your system immediately after the reinstallation and then opening the newly reinstalled SpaceNavigator. If the problem persists, you should contact customer support at 3d Connexion.

Good luck.

Another thought occurred…Make sure that the viewport on your second monitor is active. This may offer a simple explanation as to why the system does not respond to your 3d mouse.