SketchUp Trays don’t work

Ok I just entered the twilight zone…I. Can not click on anything in the trays default or otherwise. Every other button works but no thing in the trays. I can turn then on and off or pull to resize them but noting inside the trays responded to mouse picks…reinstalled SketchUp and Video driver. SketchUp 2018 works fine. I’m full stop. HELP!

Did you install and reinstall using Run as administrator? Did you try Preferences>Workspace>Reset Workspace? Have you tried powering the computer off and then back on? You know, cold reboot? Power it off and go for a walk around the block before powering on again? Might not help but it couldn’t hurt. :wink:

Did all that…Reset workspace does nothing.

Have you loaded the latest 2019 update?

Yes. I did. I’ve never had any problems with the trays, though. Did you install the update?

Yes I did. I’ve been switching monitors a lot going from home to office. Maybe this thing thinks the trays are on another monitor even though they show up here. SketchUp has a history of not keeping up with monitor changes. I think I’m going to go in the office and hook it up to the monitor I used yesterday and see what happens. I’m lost.

1 Like

That could be the problem.

You sort of glossed over Dave’s question.
Let’s not make it a question, try a statement.
There is only one correct way to install any complex app in Windows.
Log into your normal Windows user-account [NOT the administrator account] - if your normal user-account has admin-powers that’s OK…
Ensure SketchUp is closed.
Find the SketchUp installer’s exe file - usually in your Downloads folder.
Select its icon, right-click > context-menu > “Run as administrator”
When prompted choose “Repair”.
When it’s completed restart SketchUp and test for the problem again…

Installing a complex app in any other way can cause unpredictable issues, often involving file/folder permissions, settings and so on.
Never ‘Run’ an installer’s exe file by double-clicking it - even if you have admin-powers the resultant installation will be subtly different and prone to flakiness…

I’ll let you know in about 25 min.

1 Like

Thanks for weighing in. I did exactly that and problem persists. I think my next step is to uninstall and reinstall.

So complete uninstall and reinstall back to previous release and it’s working. I think I’ll skip this maintenance release for now. Gee Wiz Man!

Now that you have it working, I would try a fresh download and install of the update. There really isn’t a reason it should work.

Thanks will do. When I’m not on a deadline.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.