Sketchup studio licence issue for Vray

Hello,

I upgraded to Sketchup Studio from Pro. I uninstalled free V-Ray and reinstalled it with the download from Sketchup. I made sure to use local licensing, but I still can’t get into V-Ray.

"Failed to checkout a V-Ray for Sketchup License.

The V-Ray License Server (by default accessed via internet browser http://localhost30304 ) has no V-Ray for Sketchup licenses available."

And when I go to Chaos and I connect to it with my trimble account it says that I don’t have active product.

Can you help me with that please ?

There are some troubleshooting steps here to follow.

Make sure you sign in with your Trimble Id and not your chaos details after installation.

Hello, I already try these steps (twice) but on chaos I still have no active product.

I saw on an old conversation that they can add the licence manually ?

1 Like

Try going to the Trimble account management portal and removing the subscription from yourself and then reallocating it back again

1 Like

Hello Adam, when I try to delete my account they say I can’t because I am the owner of the account. And when I try to add a new user with another email address they say the email is not certified…

I begin to feel upset because I bought sketchup studio especially for vray and it doesn’t work and the support don’t answer me…

Are there a phone call that I can use ?

You don’t want to delete the account, but if you go the “members” section of the account management portal and click on the three dots on the right, there is the option to modify product access.
Remove that from your account, then do it again and add it back

I did it but I still have not access to vray. But the error message is this now

Is the Chaos license Server running?

Hit the windows key and type “start chaos”

Choose Start Chaos License Server

Yes it is running. I tried to uninstall all the things from chaos and install it again but I still have the same issue as the beginning…

Failed to checkout a V-Ray for Sketchup License.

The V-Ray License Server (by default accessed via internet browser http://localhost30304 ) has no V-Ray for Sketchup licenses available."

try this:
Close all instances of (SketchUp)
in the bottom left of windows, Chaos > stop license server

in the explorer delete the chaos group folder (or rename) here:
C:\Program Files\Common Files

Start the license server Chaos > start license server

In a browser, goto
localhost:30304

Sugn in using the Trimble option.

Try starting up again

I have same issues, are this works?

SketchUp is having issues with sign ins at the moment. It might be affecting this also.

Hello, it still doesn’t work. This is the last message I got from the support :

"Thanks for reaching out to SketchUp Support!
SketchUp Support has tried uninstalling and reinstalling V-Ray and the Chaos license server, and revoking and reassigning the entitlement 2 times with 5 minutes in between to avoid notification racing. Please note, we are unable to provide further support at this time and if you are unable to resolve the problem please issue a temporary V-Ray license. "

So, I paid for a service and they can’t provide it to me so I have to buy another license…
I think this is a joke…

2 Likes

That sounds like Chaos support may be copied in on the response