SketchUp Skill Builder video: Applying Materials to Components

Check out the SketchUp Skill Builder video: Applying Materials to Components by our very own SketchUpper and Team Member @TysonK

Skill level: Beginner
Skill developed: Applying Materials to Components

Please try this Skill Builder and post here and exchange ideas, alternative methods for any given exercise or ask questions.

To check out more Skill Builders, head on over to our YouTube channel.

A tid-bit to add for after you have applied the material or texture (wood grain,brick face ext.) Besides using the Edit function of the Materials drop down box. Select the part or item and open it and then right click on it. Then select Texture from the drop down > Position option. This provides 4 pins that each have different functions to help produce or modify the texture to your exact needs.

The Make Unique Texture also allows for some cool effects and using your imagination to add graphic effects to your model. Building off what SU already offers you, and some practice. Throw rugs, ornamental patio stones and pavers can be designed and stored as your own Materials. The attributes/characteristics of the selected item will be carried along as a Material to be applied. The 4 screen shots show process and control options. Some thing to play with and create somethings “unique” to your work and build from!! …Peace…

Hey, mrwmrutski, you related to Dave Garroway?

I wish!!! DAM he got (had) some BIG HANDS!!!

Distortion was a “feature” of 1950’s television sets.

His mom was a Radium Girl

http://www.saif.com/_images/CN_Tragedies_Radium-Girls.jpg

Geo, you have prompted me to post the first-ever actual picture of myself on the forum. That’s me on the left and my brother on the right with our new console TV set.

Was “Peace” the tv sign off Dave Garroway used when he anchored the Today show?

Yeah, “peace” and the (huge) open palm.

[quote=“Gully_Foyle, post:7, topic:8225”]
post the first-ever actual picture of myself on the forum. That’s me on the left
[/quote

Wow Gully, you were a cute kid, but you grew up to be a tiger.
What happened? ;o)

Nothing I’d recommend.

I got it from my Grand Dad and he was from that era. Did not matter what else was on TV, he was going to watch Walter Cronkite and him. You new not to even ask!! He said it was one of the simplest and most powerful ways to acknowledge someone if you truly meant it. Regardless of who or what they believed, as you would be the better for it. Stemming from Jesus`s words: “My peace I leave for you // share with you.” and it is something good to strive for, there is to much ■■■■ in the world as it is … Peace…

Amen to that! and Peace, too!

Hmm… That picture looks a bit familiar.
That’s me on the left with cousins Sharon and Steve
c.1958 … Harvard, IL Which was the home of the Admiral television factory.
Back when ‘proper’ TV sets had book matched mahogany doors and diamond pattern speaker grilles.

It is turning into throw back Thursday, I think I have a grammar school picture in corduroy bell bottoms and an argyle sweater-vest… Now say good night Gracie …Peace…

Actually, Geo, you haven’t changed much. Maybe not quite so happy anymore.

-Gully