SketchUp quit unexpectedly

There is only “move to bin” option, no “eject”…should I hit "move to bin?

Screenshot 2021-02-27 at 17.49.04

Move to Bin of that DMG is the same as the delete from your Downloads folder. If you are sure that there is a SketchUp 2021 folder in Applications now, you can go ahead and move that to Bin, and even Empty Bin, to make sure you don’t accidentally run SketchUp from the disk image.

OMG, thanks so much, it worked!

Another question: is it best to open my documents from wherever I save them (either my Documents folder, or my Desktop) OR always from the Applications once SketchUp is open and go to File — Open?

Once things are working ok, it won’t matter. Generally though you would open the one you wanted to continue working on from its thumbnail in the Welcome screen. Or from File, Open Recent.

Got it! Thanks a lot. Should I delete this thread? I feel a little stupid since it’s my own mistake, nothing to do with wonderful SketchUp — I love it to death, it’s so fun! I only subscribed to it late last year so I am a newbie :slight_smile:

I have sent a link to this topic to colleagues, to help point out that we should do a better job of making the Mac install be easier. Thanks for the 13 bugsplats that you sent in as well!

:slight_smile: Well, I am still sorry (for the folks who were involved, but happy for myself) I started this conversion (if I only I knew it was such an easy fix!) —I was desperate! Thanks agin very much and have a lovely day. I now discovered this great community and will probably be asking questions in regards to building a model from now on!

Please don’t delete - we need user stories like this! Also, your experience can help someone else who comes to the Forum with the same issue. It’s a very common issue, you’re definitely not alone.

Thank you, Katya. I’ll keep the thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not only a convention, it has been the primary install method for many apps for decades. This is a good reminder that if you have a Mac, and you see an install that looks anything like this (arrow pointing to Applications), you really should just drag it over to install. Some people don’t realize that a true install is as simple as copying from the downloaded installer it to a location on your computer.