Sketchup Pro 2021 has deleted all files from my PC

To save all your files,

1. Don’t touch any of the files on your computer, don’t move things around and don’t save new files.

2.if you can remove your disc from your system and get a SATA to USB adapter to plug it into another machine.

1. Run disc drill (google ‘disk drill’) on the disc to recover all files

This is a really weird situation?.
Generally the uninstaller will only remove the files that were included in the installation. For instance if you install additional plug-ins that reside in the programs folder structure, they are generally left in tact by the uninstaller and require additional steps to remove.
Did you delete the files manually or are you saying the uninstaller deleted those files?
Cheers

Did this ever get solved @Ogie31

yes sir, I know that is really weird.

I have started the uninstaller from Control Panel/add or remove programs.

Still working on the issue here, I will let you know as soon as I find out what happened.

Okay thanks @Ogie31

I think your only way forward is to use a file retrieval program like easyrecovery, but the longer you leave it the more chance of windows writing on those unallocated sectors. best of luck.

This just happened to me as well, almost exactly.

Is there any resolution to this?

1 Like

Almost?
What steps did you do?
Did you remove the application through the windows settings?
Or by deleting something in the explorer?
Uninstalling will never mess with personal documents or files.
It might be that they are not recognised, any more.
Try setting the view in explorer to have the extensions displayed.
Then do a search for .skp
See what pops up.

I followed all the steps in this thread and have not been able to retrieve my files

Hi the exact same thing happened to me and i downloaded wondershare recoverit and I found the files it was the only program that was able to find everything

In what folder where they found?

mostly desktop under windows :c
but the program lays all the files out and it found all my deleted revit and autocad files to

give GetDataBack Pro ($) a try, one of if not the best data recovery software for Windows on the market.