SketchUp pro 2021 crash on AMD RADEON -Wn10 Home Edition

i have a win10Home Edition, the Sketchup crash on opening (latest 2021 version)
this are the pc details :slight_smile:
Graphics Card Manufacturer - Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset - AMD Radeon™ R5 M330
Device ID - 6660
Vendor ID - 1002
SubSystem ID - 3809
SubSystem Vendor ID - 17AA
Revision ID - 83
Bus Type - PCI Express 3.0
Current Bus Settings - PCI Express 3.0 x1
BIOS Version - 015.048.000.064
BIOS Part Number - BR45722.001
BIOS Date - 2015/06/04 23:02
Memory Size - 2048 MB
Memory Type - DDR3
Memory Clock - 870 MHz
Core Clock - 800 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth - 13 GByte/s
2D Driver File Path -

can any one point how to solve this issue?

First thing to do is make sure SketchUp 2021 is installed correctly. Find the downloaded installer, right click on it, choose Run as administrator, choose Repair.

Then go to the AMD site, download, and install their latest drivers for the graphics card.

Next do a power off reboot and try opening SketchUp again.

Do you get a Bug Splat when SketchUp quits? Have you sent it in with your contact information so it can be tracked?

Thanks for the bugsplats, especially the one with your email address entered. That made it easier to find.

The crash is extremely early on, at the point where SketchUp is testing the GPU. I have a list of other cases like that, and in all of them a docking station was involved.

Do you still get crashes if you are only using one monitor connected straight to the PC?

1 Like

Hu Colin thanks for the fast response,
i am not using a docking station or any external screen
i am working only on the laptop and this happend immediately as i clicj the icon to open the app

Thanks
Yael

One thing you will read about is that you never need to run SketchUp as admin, only the installer (in order to help make sure things are installed with the right permissions). But, there have been some cases where a symptom only shows when running not as admin.

So, although there is no reason to think it might help, what happens if you right-click on SketchUp itself, and run as admin?

Hi, this is the soultion

https://forums.sketchup.com/t/sketchup-defaulting-to-my-intel-graphics-card-instead-of-my-amd-card/101094/3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.