SketchUp Pro 2020 + Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Hello: I’ve recently purchased a new laptop and upgraded my Single User SKU Pro 2017 to SKU Pro 2020. My OS is MacBook Pro, OS Catalina, V. 1.15.3. Many of my favorite Extensions (Shapes, Bezier Curve, Window/Door, etc) appear to not be available for my system. I keep getting this message: “This extension is marked as being not compatible with your Operating System or SketchUp Version. Proceed anyway?”. I get this even when the extension says it’s compatible with SKU Pro 2020. So I’m assuming it’s my OS??? If so, how do I get around this “inconvenience”?! I had opened many of my 2017 programs which are now no longer able to be opened because the 2020 version overrides that options. Additionally, the license for that version is no longer active either so I’ve removed the 2017 version from my new OS. Should I downgrade back to a 2019 version of SKU so I can have options for these extensions? OR, is the “problem” simply that SKU hasn’t updated many of the extensions for the MacBook Pro OS Catalina, 10.15.3 operating system? If so, again, how do I get around this “inconvenience”?! Thank You in advance for any help and solutions. Joseph

This has been brought up in other threads. A lot of people are reporting that the extensions work after all despite the warning message.

Thank you RT for the reply. I’ll give it a try and see what happens.

Best. Joseph

Joseph Nemec III

Please remove your contact details. Bots are scouring forums for them

3 Likes