SketchUp Pro 2019 not respond file and graphic card error!

I have been receiving this message when I open and run Sketch Up Pro 2019.

“The following warnings were found when launching SketchUp: - SketchUp has detected your computer system has multiple graphics cards and is defaulting to an integrated Intel graphics card. SketchUp will perform better if you change your system to default to the AMD/NVIDIA card.”

However, I have been using SketchUp Pro 2019 for over a month and never had issues until yesterday. The file has simply been cleaned up on a different computer since then I can’t open the same file anymore like before. It is extremely slow to open and once it is loaded it freezes all the time (Not Responding) and textures don’t seem to load completely which makes it impossible to work on.

The file opens and run smoothly on other computers but mine.

I un-installed and re-installed the program and updated the Intel and NVIDIA cards.

I also precisely followed the instructions on the NVIDIA card blog to see if it will solve the problem. Even tho it takes less time to open the file, it still freezes all the time.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Check the 3D settings un the Nvidia control panel
(Rightclick on an empty space of the desktop)
In the programs tab, add SketchUp to the programs that only use the strong videocard.

It is likely the a Windows update reset the default to the integrated Intel GPU. Also sometimes these auto updates make changes to the power saving profile which causes havoc with the graphics.