Started having trouble with SU Make back about December. I have an HP Notebook Core i7 7th Gen with an AMD Radeon R7 M340 graphics card. SU started failing after the initial screen when I would click “start using Sketchup”. After clicking start using sketchup nothing would happen. I upgraded to SU 2017 Pro last week with the same result. I sometimes get a bug splat, sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I report it, and sometimes I don’t. I am not nearly as computer proficient as the folks here, but I have done the following:
- Ran SU Checkup and all was good except first item which said to the effect of “Intel Graphics card only has 1 mb, SU requires min 256 mb”. Everything else was ok.
1.5 Internet research seemed to indicate wrong card was being used.
- Uninstalled “AMD Software” from the Control panel and installed/reinstalled Crimson ReLive from the AMD website,version 17.2.1.
- Used Crimson ReLIve to set the graphics card to High Performance.
- Tried SU, same problem (nothing after clicking" start using Sketchup")
- Reran SU CU. It said “AMD Radeon R7 only has 1 mb, SU requires minimum 256 mb.”
- Reinstalled Sketchup (incidentally, it remembers my license number which seems like it isn’t uninstalling completely?)
- Reran SU CU same error report
- Reran SU, same problem after clicking start using SU
- Searched the internet extensively
- Repeated steps 1 thru 9 ad infinitum ad nauseum
- INstalled SU make 32 bit and it worked but couldn’t open files from previous SU 2017 version
- Found similar thread on this website which pointed to problem with MS Visual C++ 2014 version 14.0.24210. I don’t have that. I have a pile of MS Visual C++, but not that one.
- Became frustrated
- Became exceedingly tired
- Somewhere in this process associated .sulog with internet explorer, so now when I run SU CU the .sulog comes out as a internet explorer file. Internet says I need to do something in Regedit . Seems WELL BEYOND my ability level.
Any help in laymen’s terms would be greatly appreciated.