Sketchup Pro 2016- Generate report 2.0 not working

@Isaac Thanks! I knew it should be possible but didn’t had the time to solve it. It is still a additional operation but for now it will work.

Hi Barry,

I am also having issues when attempting to “Generate Report”. I tried the link you provided above in IE and I received the following error message:
ERROR: Could not complete the operation due to error 8e5e0247. @ /compiled_c871ed2.js[509]. I’ve also attached a screenshot of the same error message I receive when attempting the same operation within SketchUp Pro.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

I tried this on my PC’s, and it worked on all of them, so I’m puzzled by what’s going on. We’ll poke around a bit. Can you send me OS version / IE version… or shift click on the 3dwarehouse Search button and send/PM me the output of that page?

Hi Barry,

I just tried on both my laptop and desktop.
The link you provided worked on my laptop, but not the desktop. Here are the IE and OS Versions for laptop.

I will send you a separate message for the desktop’s IE and OS Versions.

Here are the desktop IE and OS Versions where the link does not work…

I appreciate your time,
Jo.

PS: Could it be the 32-bit vs 64-bit OS that is causing the issue?

@Barry
An update…
I tried the link again on my desktop, but this time with a different browser other than IE and Chrome.
I used Firefox and Comodo Dragon, and the link works fine on both of them. I upgraded my IE to a later version as well, but the link still would not work. I am getting the same error as before.

In addition, when I try to access https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/ in IE I am not seeing anything.

Please advise.
Thank you,
Jo.

:frowning: I can’t tell you what’s wrong with your network. It works for 99.99% of the rest of us in the world, but you’re going to have to do a little googling / bing-ing to find out yourself. I wish I had a better answer for you.

OK, one simple thought: on PC, you can type Control-L and then enter url’s. Type a few, and see what works and what doesn’t. Does bing work. Does Google work? Does Google Maps work? Does sketchup.com work? etc…

Hi Barry
I’m googled-out. I did try many URLs in IE and everything worked except for the 3DWarehouse link. SketchUp.com worked as well.

I’ve resorted to doing my project on my 32-bit laptop.

Thanks anyways.

Can we please have a report format that operates as it did previously, where each item is listed with it’s own X, Y, Z individually, rather than grouped by Component Definition? I only a few months ago completed a project where I inserted 200 speaker symbols in a 3D space, and then reported them out to a spreadsheet to convert to coordinates for an analysis package. Now I only get one line with all X coords listed, Y coords etc.

why not allow the user to select between the new generate report even as an non-recent version form the local system instead of or as well as the old generate report (which is ignoring user units).