Sketchup ..no activation link in the email

There is no link within the activation email that I was sent i,e

Your Trimble account is nearly ready. Please click the link below to finish setting up your account. Activate account This link will be active for the next 72 hours. Thanks, The Trimble Team Trimble Inc. Privacy Policy.

1 Like

Maybe the part of the mail containing the link was collapsed due to appearing like a footer? I know Gmail sometimes shops of the last paragraph of emails, especially auto generated mass emails.

Hi Julia

Not sure how what you say below helps. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird
to read the email, and I cant see any links at all within it or the one
i asked to be resent. I attach the source .eml mesage for your info

Thanks

D

Hi Julia

Does your activation system require me to install sketchup pro before it
issues a proper activation link?

I have not installed it because I just want to try out sketchup with the
tutorial exercises. There is no free version so as part of the create
account process I selected sketchup pro from the create dialog options.

D

05/03/2019 08:02, D M wrote:

I’m not working for SketchUp; I’m just visiting the forum a lot (and writing extensions etc). For official support you can use the support form on SketchUp’s website.

If the email was referring to a link but you can’t find it, I think the most likely cause is that the email program could have hidden the end of the email (the part that is usually a signature and doesn’t contain much useful info). I don’t use Thunderbird myself but in Gmail there is a button with 3 dots. If you hover it the label “Show trimmed content” shows up. I’m thinking Thunderbird might be doing something similar.

Not necesarry to install, the link is for activating the Trimble ID.

@kim_tomasak might have a clue?

"Activate account "… This should be the clickable link. Can you not?

Can you attach a screenshot of what you see in your email?

CD

Hi… is this resolved? I do not see the screenshot so let me know if you are still stuck.

1 Like

Apologies… still stuck. The actual email is as follows:

Your Trimble account is nearly ready. Please click the link below to finish setting up your account. Activate account This link will be active for the next 72 hours. Thanks, The Trimble Team Trimble Inc. Privacy Policy.

so there is no link at all?

try to install and start SketchUp and acces the AMP through the welcome screen.(manage subscription)

https://www.sketchup.com/download/all

Hi, can you forward me the actual email?