Sketchup Make 2017 Crash Report 817747

Crash Report #828215

Sorry you just crashed!

Please read this forum post which has some information on some known crashes with SketchUp 2017 and some potential workarounds.

Note: SketchUp 2018 will likely fix the first two crashes listed in the forum post, so upgrading to SketchUp 2018 may provide a workaround for the crash you just experienced

If you are still crashing, please visit the “Crash troubleshooting steps” section of this article for some general information on troubleshooting crashes.

Note: this is our default SketchUp crash response. If we have specific information related to the crash you are seeing, you will see a different response.

Crash Report #828227

Sorry you just crashed!

Please read this forum post which has some information on some known crashes with SketchUp 2017 and some potential workarounds.

Note: SketchUp 2018 will likely fix the first two crashes listed in the forum post, so upgrading to SketchUp 2018 may provide a workaround for the crash you just experienced

If you are still crashing, please visit the “Crash troubleshooting steps” section of this article for some general information on troubleshooting crashes.

Note: this is our default SketchUp crash response. If we have specific information related to the crash you are seeing, you will see a different response.

Crash reporting made possible by www.bugsplat.com

This time I have rolled back my Radeon graphics driver and it is STILL crashing. Every time I try and use the reduction tool to output the file to the correct scale STL.

Please stop posting crash reports, it is not adding to the discussion, is it?

Hi Mike. Sorry, I thought Barry asked for crash report numbers. Are they not essential to determine what the cause is?

Yes, and you reported three already, it is likely the same issue, so one would do. Mind you, this is a public forum and although the SketchUp team members who read and post here can have (more) insight in the crash reports then others of us, they are not obliged to give specific support to non-commercially users.
The ones who pay for support might feel left behind.
I do not want to start a discussion on Pro versus Make and support, btw.
Having that said, the chances are, that the issues you have could help the development of the product.

#835617 that the number it gives me. Roll back driver is not active when i open Device Manager, Display Adapters, Diver.

Crash Report #835617
Sorry you just crashed!

We are seeing that this crash is usually related to an out of date Intel graphics card driver that does not play well with SketchUp 2017.

Try updating your graphics driver to see if that solves the issue or upgrade to SketchUp 2018 which will likely fix this crash.

OK, Wally, take it down a notch. @MikeWayzovski is right, one is adequate. I thought I PM’d someone about some of these, but it must have just been a draft.

The crash reports I looked at mentioned an Edge code on curves, but notable was notable in that it was on an Intel 530 (see https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/hd_graphics/530). I looked at the undo stack of one, and it crashed during use of the scale tool. I don’t know if that gives anyone enough actionable information, but if you’re forced to use that video card on that version… and it were me, I would either go back to 2016 and use software rendering when I had these crashes, or I’d narrow them down to the action that I’m doing before this happens and avoid it. I know users never like to hear the words upgrade your video card, SketchUp version, etc… but that’s the real solution. For example, my somewhat dated MacBook Pro has 2 video cards, NVIDIA and Intel 4000 as the lower-power backup. When I google Intel 530 versus Intel 4000, I get this:
In terms of overall gaming performance, the graphical capabilities of the Intel HD Graphics 4000 Desktop are significantly better than the Intel HD i3 530. … The Graphics 4000 has 16 Shader Processing Units but the HD i3 530 does not have an entry, so the two GPUs cannot be reliably compared in this area.

This, for a card that I never turn on, in a laptop. So we’re trying to do our best with not a lot to work with on an older version of SketchUp. I hope this info helps.

You can ‘discuss’ your crashreports via private mail, but instead, you choose to do so in a thread of someone else, in the public forum. I was just saying that this is not the appropiate place for an RSS-feed-of-bugsplats-numbers, so to speak. The OP took it well, but you seem to get a little agitated, which I understand if something does not work. What I don’t understand is that you say something like

in the first reply of someone else’s post.
To some that might look as if you entered a treatmentroom of some eye-clinic with a bunch of halfblind people in the waiting room, pull the current patient of the chair and start screaming ‘that you also have a problem’ and expect that everybody in the waiting room should leave🙁

Sorry if I offended you with my post when crossing this public space, but pls feel free to choose any other waiting room

Hi Barry. Yeah I just replied to your message. Thanks for the info. As I said in the message I found a work around of copying what I needed to scale down into a new document, then doing it. No problem so far. I am looking at getting a desktop computer soon, the laptops just don’t have the power it seems.

A bit of background before my reply - Laptop/ desktop - I highly recommend a ‘workstation’ class machine. I wanted mobile so I tested a Dell Precision 5520 and a HP ZBook Studio G4 before selecting the HP. Both mobile workstations are great machines but the HP support convinced me of my choice. With this said - my HP ZBook Studio has the Intel Xeon CPU E3-1535M v6 @ 3.10GHz with both - Intel HD P630 integrated GPU and Nvidia Quadro M1200. I also have 32Gb ram and a 1Tb SSD drive. The workstation is extremely fast but does have its quirks. Frequent Windows updates are no longer allowed to automatically install due to conflicts found with the GPU drivers. I had to disable the Intel HD P630 [in BIOS] to force SU to recognize and use only the Nvidia discrete GPU. Both HP and Windows offered the same recommendations to avoid GPU driver issues. Bottom line - a fresh reinstall of your OS may help to fix the driver issues without having to reinstall all your software applications. Also review of your GPU settings should help or at least identify possible performance related problems. Good luck.