SketchUp Make 2016: wireframe and no textures during rotate & zoom

Hi Guys,
Everytime I try to rotate and zoom in and out of my model the objects disappear and my floor texture disappears.
Does anyone know what the problem could be? if so I would be so grateful as its for my university project and need help as soon as possible.
Thank You.

Hello. What are your computer specs? Do the textures and objects come back to normal, when you stop orbiting? If yes, then it’s normal behavior, mainly connected with the speed of the computer. Happens to me all the time, since I don’t have a powerful machine.

Well I use Apple Mac, its not very old. yes they come back when I stop orbiting.
Oh right, would it show up on the animation?
Normally I wouldn’t be bothered but its for my final year project at university. Could it be the sketchup make 2016 thats making it go like that because I used it last year 2015 version and didn’t have any problems with it.
Thank You for your reply.

It depends upon the graphics.

Using advice posted here:
Where to find Hardware Graphics Info for your SketchUp forum profile

… Please fix your profile here with proper graphics and OS information:

Don’t worry @SJUponATime, it won’t show up on the animation! I’m in university like you but graduating this June. My final diploma project is approaching 150 MB file size, so I experience that every day, when I turn all layers and shadows on. You probably have a lot of geometry and details in your file, that’s why it temporarily turns textures to colours and objects to boxes. Good luck on your project! :slight_smile:

Ok, Thank You for your help. Same I’m graduating this July. Big year, thats why I’m fussing over it as this project I’m doing counts towards my degree. Mine is 390 MB file size and thats without shadow . Yes there is a lot of detail and components in my model.
Thank You, Good luck to you as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you too! :blush: 390 MB? Wow, that’s big! You do keep your file “clean” don’t you, purging unused items and unnecessary components?

Yeah I keep it clean. Only whats on there I need.

1 Like